Friday, March 8, 2013

Bobble-Scallop Crochet Border

 







This is the Bobble-Scallop Border I came up with to border my Ripple.
 
Some projects have so much going on  that I don't like to add a really complicated border to them.
 
Sometimes, less is more...  if I can actually say 'less' with this crazy colorful blanket!
 
So here you go!  It's extremely simple really - as long as you know how to make a bobble.  The bobble I used here is a 3 treble crochet bobble, meaning you basically make 3 treble crochets in the same stitch, but you leave the last loop on the hook after each treble is made...
 
(US terms)
 
3 Treble Bobble:  Yarn over twice, enter next stitch and pull up a loop.  Yarn over and pull through 2 loops on hook, TWICE, leaving 2 loops on hook.  Yarn over twice again, enter same stitch, pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through 2 loops, TWICE, which leaves 3 loops on hook.  Yarn over twice, enter same stitch, pull up loop, yarn over and pull through 2 loops on hook, TWICE, now leaving 4 loops on your hook.  Yarn over and pull through all 4 loops at once.  Bobble made! 
 
Bobble-Scallop Border: 
 
I went around the blanket with one round of sc and  joined with slip stitch.
Ch 1, do not turn.
 
*Sc in first st, 2 dc in next st, bobble in next st, 2 dc in next st, sc in next st, skip next st.*
 
Repeat from * to * around.  Join with slip stitch and finish off. 
 
Now go border up something and have fun!  It's super easy and somewhat addictive.  In fact, the above swatch I made to show you here is become a finger tip towel and I think I'll need to do a few more to make a set.
 
It's fun to have a crocheted home!
 
xoxo
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Looks great Christina! You are one talented lady. Perfect blanket for chilly nights.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...