Friday, August 17, 2012

Blue Yarn Reveal


 









Hey, Friends!  Do you remember my pile of Very Blue Yarn?

I managed to come up with five little bags for the swap I'm in.  I used this #6 bulky yarn and an N hook with a free pattern from Lion Brand.  You have to register with their site to gain access to the free patterns, but once you do,  just search for "perfect purse".  This little purse works up beautifully as written, but I altered it along the way to accommodate my biggy yarn and hook. 

It was fun to make each one a tiny bit different.  I made a couple horizontally and a couple vertically.  All of them have basically the same flap, according to the pattern, just a much shorter version. 

I did add a strap to one bag, as it will be a gift for someone very shortly.  I can't say who and potentially ruin the surprise!  But I thought it might come in handy for one sweet lady who just needs to tote a couple items to church...  Ssshhh....

The rest of the bags for the swap I am considering to be 'cosmetic bags'.  They are relatively small and would hold lotions or pedicure supplies nicely.  I have tucked a few gifty items inside for the recipients and made little tags with some of my Cath Kidston papers.  I'm liking them...  Maybe I should make a few more as Christmas gifts.

Well, I have also finished up some sweet jewelry frames for the same crafty swap.  I have enlisted the help of Hubby to finish the frames with the coping saw, as I think I may just ruin it all very quickly if left to do that alone! 

I'll share soon!

Have a Very Happy Day!
xo

ps...  Don't you just love lavender?




2 comments:

  1. these are gorgeous....found your blog from SCS while looking for others in Virginia...hope you have a wonderful week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...