Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sunflower Dressing

 
Axle says, "Good morning, Lovely Friends!"
 
Young Man was interested in learning how to use the Hipstamatic App on the cell phone and we snapped a few pics of his kitty.  I really liked this one.  And after visiting the Wordless Wednesday post over at  Ted & Agnes last night, I was reminded of this sweet picture and thought I'd share.  Again, Axle proves to be another fan of the Ripple!
 

 
But this is really about Sunflowers.....  Or well, it's about a shawl that ended up draped among the sunflowers, lol.  I spotted this pattern on Lion Brand a couple of years ago.  It's called the Elspeth Shawl and I just loved the stripes of the varying stitches.  So when I came across this tweed yarn called Dill Heather, I knew I had a match.  I mean, you know I love fall and you know I get very excited as fall is approaching.  As soon as I feel that crispness in the early morning air I'm sold!  Now, I know I've got a ways to go yet.  The heat's not ALL done, but it's close...


 
So along with all my Rippling activity and Secret Edging, this happened to come together very quickly!  You should try one for yourself or a gift.  If you're not a fan of the fall colors like I am, this would look great in any color or combination.  I'm thinking of doing one in a different yarn color like Claret Heather or the Marine...Or the North Pole Heather for winter.  
 
I am waiting for a couple of buttons to arrive here at the Hearth Room, then this Elspeth will be complete.  In my attempt to take a  picture of this shawl, I had to get outside.  You know the Hearth Room isn't the greatest place for light.  So as I wandered around looking for the right place to drape the Elspeth, this Sunflower waved me over, saying, "Pick me, pick me!"  I think they did a great job modeling together.
 
The Ripple is growing, the Secret Edging is growing, (and dare I say), I have also been inspired by the lovely Jules over at Little Woolie  to make a Random Stripey Blanket.  I'll share that nifty bit later!  But right now I will tell you that I think it's name should be Candy Land.  Jules is doing a crochet along, so go check it out!
 
Hope you are having a lovely week!
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...