Hello Friends! I had to give you a little update. Were you here to read about my Crocheted Valance? Do you remember that I was thinking it wasn't going to make such a good valance after all?
And right then and there I decided it might have to be an apron...
Surprise!!! Of course it won't always be worn by the mantel...
(Photo taken by Young Man)
I love it actually! It just turned out that the loose nature of the pattern and the weight of the yarn allowed too much light through as a valance. Not that a valance is supposed to block light necessarily, but with so much light behind the valance it just didn't look right. So now I have a new apron and it has been perfect for wiping my constantly wet hands with all this produce washing that's been going on here at the Hearth Room.
Some notes: I used Knit Picks Cotlin which is a great sturdy yarn and seems to just keep getting better with washing.
I used the Nordic Star square pattern. I made three of them and stitched them together, then bordered all around them in single crochet.
Next, I added rows of granny stripes in different colors, (which were chosen to match Young Man's room, as per the plan...).
When it became obvious this was NOT going to be a valance, I made two long ties of granny stripes, I think 3 rows each. Stitched them on and: Ta-Da!
I'm thinking about making some more retro, farm-girl types of aprons now. Hey, this one is a curtain after all... Lol. Now let's see if I can make a real Apron!
Note to self: I still need to make some curtains.
Have a blessed day!