Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Stash Busting Cutie

Hello!  I have been on such a roll lately getting little projects done.  I think it's the change in the weather.  When we have these fall teaser days it makes me want to cook and hook.  I had done several hats for my grandfather recently and I have s e v e r a l  other little things on my mind to complete.  Yes, my list of to-do's is looooong!  I have mental lists and several pattern books and magazines stashed in my yarn bag.  If they are in the yarn bag that means I really intend to get to them sooner-than-later.  Then I have the majority of books and patterns put away where I can't be tempted by them.  Those are wonderful to have to peruse just in case I run out of sooner-than-later projects.  Ahem...  right then.

So recently I came across this wonderful little idea here at Pardon My Chaos of using a granny square to make a little sweater.  How sweet! So I wanted to make sure I give Amanda props for so inspiring me.



This was a new-to-me idea and I loved it!  It's a great was to use up left over yarn.  I really want to make a couple in bright, fun colors, especially since we are headed into fall.  This was a left over alpaca blend yarn in a very pale pink.  And as much as I LOVE the earthy fall colors, I really want to make some more colorful versions of this cutie. 



I decided as I went along that it needed to be a bit longer so I added a couple rows of scalloped edging to cover low-back and tummy.  I also put on a little flutter sleeve just for fun and for the pure girlie-ness of it.


I used to love to play with photography - back in the day when I had a film SLR that I knew how to manipulate so well.  I realize I need to spend more time learning my digital camera and I really wish I had more direct sunlight in this house.  Well, there's not a lot I can do to fix that, but on a dreary day like this I really notice how dark it is in here.  Think hubby would mind putting in a few windows?  Just kidding. 

Also, I have to mention this lovely blog little woolie that I was recently directed to and oh, so glad.  It is such a happy place full of color and goodness inspiration and happens to be having a little giveaway.  Check it out if you can.  You will be glad you did!

So have a bursting-at-the-seams happy day folks. 
I hope the weather is pretty for you to enjoy where ever you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...