Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cake

 
 Way back when, at a time that I worked 'outside' the home...  I knew a really, truly lovely lady who baked a lot.  And she would bring homemade goodies to our office often.  I don't know where she got her recipes, but they were unusual (to me anyway) and they were delicious!  They were simple recipes, many from boxed mixes, but with a twist. 
 
I love to collect recipes not only because I love to eat good food, but because I like to think of the person or place the recipe came from.  So as I was rummaging through my recipe box I came across this old Chocolate Chip Cake recipe that Jacquie had given to me years ago.  Again, I don't know the original source, but I can at least credit Ms. Jacquie with it for now. 
 
Chocolate Chip Cake:
 
1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1 box chocolate or vanilla instant pudding
8 oz. sour cream
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup water
 
Mix all together x 4 minutes. 
Fold in 8 oz. chocolate chips.
 
Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. 
 
Of course, you want to grease and flour your pans.  I used a Bundt pan just because it feels special somehow.   And it looks pretty on a plate. 
 
There is no direction in her recipe to put icing on the cake, but I always have some chocolate icing on hand to please the little people.  Never too much chocolate...
 
So Young Man was in a class for 10 hours the other day and I used that as my excuse.  Yep, we were celebrating a big day with a warm, homemade cake when he got home.  I'll find any reason to celebrate! 
 
Try one for yourself.  It may be a new favorite of yours, too!

 
And this is what I woke up to today.  Apparently breakfast is the most important meal of the day after all.  Just look at Axle's face!  (He's the tuxedo one...)  Ha!  He kills me. 
 
So your lesson for today is:  Breakfast is important and eat cake.
 
Well, not cake for breakfast, but you know what I mean.
 
(Although, it has been done here....  with coffee....) 
 
xoxo 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...