Friday, March 23, 2012

Ripple Catch Up, etc.

 
  
My goodness it's been WAY too long since my last post!  I have been planning and jotting down and hooking along furiously lately!  Then I happened to be forced into a bit of a hooky break while we had a very fun family and friend long-weekend-visit.  We did have a great time, with lots of foolishness and food and fun.  It also happened to be St. Patty's Day weekend, so there was lots of green involved.


Much progress has been made on my Ripple!  I really can't believe it.  We have had our ups and downs, that Ripple and I...  But it is coming along in a very colorful, stripey kind of way.  I did manage to run out of 2 very important colors and I just found out that one of them is no longer available.  Poo!  Well, I'll work that out later.  This Ripple is worked in stripes of the same color pattern.  There are 16 colors and so far I have three repeats and am working on the fourth. 


What a stringy mess my Ripple is!  I have been VERY VERY bad about fixing as I go!

Do you see that fluffy green thing across the window there in the background?  Yep...  A St. Patty's Day leftover.  My dear Elite Running Friend just happened to leave it here.  The joke during the whole weekend was that we were finding green feathers EVERYWHERE!  We had a wonderful time visiting downtown Roanoke again during their St. Patty's Day festival and I do believe my friend was responsible for leaving a great trail of green feathers.  Although, there were a number of folks sporting the very same green boa, so I can't lean on her toooo much.


So I mentioned before how I had been totally smitten with all things square and Granny-ish...  So here is one such square that I really fell in love with.  And....  it's such a breeze to do and is really enjoyable.  I could hook'em up all night! 



This is a free pattern by Debbie Stoller at Stitch Nation.  It's called Weekend in Stockholm.  I did change the center flower by making it out of a double treble.  It just made it puffier - more like a dogwood leaf I think.  Hmmm...  Maybe I need a Dogwood Throw.  Another idea for the yarn journal!  Well,  I can't WAIT to make a throw in lots of my FAV colors with this one!  But for now, since I was on such a square roll, I grabbed these Colors On Hand and decided to make a small throw for Hubby's chair.  He's been asking for way too long about a throw for this chair because one very naughty kitty likes to take over the chair when Hubby isn't present.  So, Hubby, here is your answer!

And this is what Naughtiness looks like...



Poor Ginger just wants to mind her own business and take a nap on top of the kitty tower.  But, NOOOOO....  Axle has to be the bully and take over the top.


He looks rather pleased with himself, actually.

I mentioned that Sweet P. and I had been spending some time playing with paper, glue, and glitter.  Well one very fun item in particular I really don't want to show because I think it might be a gifty to someone real soon.  Don't want to spoil any surprise factor, so maybe I can show it later, but....
 

I can show you this!
  

This is a bit of what we've done.  I made these coffee themed cards for a swap on Splitcoast Stampers.  I used stamps by Unity Stamp Co. and inks and papers mostly from SU


I do love to have handmade cards on hand and my stash has been somewhat depleted since I've not been making much lately.  The swaps are so much fun because you get to see all the others' creative ideas!  And although I often say, gee, why don't I just sit down and make myself 8 cards?!  Well, because I always spend all my time with yarn, of course!  So doing swaps makes me produce these cards because I have a deadline.  Only then do I get them done!


We have been thrust full-swing into spring here in the valley.  Actually, some days I think we've been tossed right into the middle of summer with these 80 degree days already!  I do hope for a mild spring, but I'm getting a little worried about how hot it may be this summer.  Seems like the heat just can't wait to get started here!  Our yard is completely out of control, too, of course.  We MUST get some weeds under control and start beautification!  Wish me luck.  I'll have to take some before and afters to document the process.  Ok, come on motivation! 


Now, you know we move at a snail's pace around here these days, so it will take time, but it is absolutely necessary we get started.  So with Sweet P. climbing in mulch piles or tucked under my arm we will tackle one space at a time.  We will collect rocks and worms and Young Man will scare me with every spider he finds, but with a little determination and idea books from the library I AM READY! 

Hope to share some 'after' shots soon!  I do have to do something about my current obsession with Pocket Frogs, though....










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...